Last updated: 13 February 2018
These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to You from the time that Attaché provides You with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person for whom You are using the Service. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service.
means the Australian Taxation Office.
“Attaché”, “Attaché Software”
means the organisation registered in Australia by the name Attaché Software Australia Pty Ltd and all subsidiaries of Attaché Software Australia Pty Ltd including Attache Software New Zealand Pty Ltd.
“Attaché Online Fee”
means the monthly fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by You in accordance with the Attaché Online Fee Schedule.
includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party.
means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website and data sent to the Website that was inputted into the Attaché Desktop software.
means the Attaché business management software installed on a Desktop or Server, that integrates with the Website and which is covered by an existing separate agreement to this Agreement.
means the information relating to subscriptions and billing set out on the subscriptions and billing pages on the Website, or any other page(s) on the Website notified by Attaché Software, which may be updated or amended by Attaché from time to time.
“Intellectual Property Right”
means any patent, trademark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
means any person or entity, other than the Subscriber, that uses the Service with the authorisation of the Subscriber from time to time.
means the Inland Revenue Department of New Zealand.
means the online payroll and related business management capabilities made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Attaché Software) via the Website.
means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service.
means the Internet site at the domain attacheonline.com or any other site operated by Attaché Software.
means the Subscriber, and where the context permits, an Invited User. “Your” has a corresponding meaning.
2. Use of Software
Attaché grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website with the particular user roles available to You according to Your subscription type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that, subject to any applicable written agreement between the Subscriber and the Invited Users, or any other applicable laws:
- The Subscriber determines who is an Invited User and what level of user role access to the relevant organisation and Service that Invited User has;
- The Subscriber is responsible for all Invited Users’ use of the Service;
- The Subscriber controls each Invited User’s level of access to the relevant organisation and Service at all times and can revoke or change an Invited User’s access, or level of access, at any time and for any reason, in which case that person or entity will cease to be an Invited User or shall have that different level of access, as the case may be;
- If there is any dispute between a Subscriber and an Invited User regarding access to any organisation or Service, the Subscriber shall decide what access or level of access to the relevant Data or Service that Invited User shall have, if any.
3. Your Obligations
- Payment obligations:
An invoice for the Attaché Online Fee will be issued each month in accordance with the details set out in the Fee Schedule. Attaché will continue invoicing You in accordance with the Fee Schedule until this Agreement is terminated in accordance with clause 8.All Attaché invoices will be sent to You, or to a billing contact whose details are provided by You, by email. Payment of all amounts specified in an invoice must be paid in accordance with the Fee Schedule. You are responsible for payment of all taxes and duties in addition to the Attaché Online Fee.
You may from time to time be offered discounts for the Attaché Online Fees. Eligibility for such discounts is conditional upon Your acceptance of responsibility for payment of any Attaché Online Fees in relation to all of Your organisations. Without prejudice to any other rights that Attaché may have under these Terms or at law, Attaché reserves the right to render invoices for the full (non-discounted) Attaché Online Fees due or suspend or terminate Your use of the Service in respect of any or all of Your organisations in the event that any invoices for those Attaché Online Fees are not paid in full in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule.
- General obligations:
You must only use the Service and Website for Your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Attaché or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or in order to provide services to others but if You do so you must ensure that You are authorised to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
- Access conditions:
- You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify Attaché of any unauthorised use of Your passwords or any other breach of security and Attaché will reset Your password and You must take all other actions that Attaché reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of Attaché’s computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services.
- As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must:
- not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Attaché’s computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
- not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
- not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
- not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use); and
- not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
- Usage limitations:
Use of the Service may be subject to limitations in the future. Any such limitations will be advised.
- Communication conditions:
When You make any communication on the Website, You represent that You are permitted to make such communication. Attaché is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. This includes the transmission of Data from the Website to the ATO and to IR.
You indemnify Attaché against: all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to Attaché, including (but not limited to) any costs relating to the recovery of any Attaché Online Fees that are due but have not been paid by You.
4. Confidentiality and Privacy
Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
- Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
- Each party’s obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- The provisions of clauses 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 shall not apply to any information which:
- is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
- is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
- is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
- is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
- Attaché will only send Data to the ATO and IR under Your instruction.
Data housed in the Website that was entered by You or sent via the Desktop Software is securely stored and not used by Attaché for any purposes, other than under your direct instruction through the use of the Service.
5. Intellectual Property
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of Attaché (or its licensors).
- Ownership of Data:
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain Your property. However, Your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the Attaché Online Fee when due. You grant Attaché a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up Your information and Data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to You.
- Backup of Data:
You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. Attaché adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. Attaché expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
- Third-party applications and your Data:
If You enable third-party applications for use in conjunction with the Services, You acknowledge that Attaché may allow the providers of those third-party applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such third-party applications with the Services. Attaché shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
6. Warranties and Acknowledgements
- Authority:You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person or entity, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person or entity and agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the person or entity on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
- Acknowledgement:You acknowledge that:
- You are authorised to use the Services and the Website and to send Data to the Website from the Attaché Desktop software, including any information or Data input into the Website or Desktop by any person you have authorised. You are also authorised to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
- Attaché has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
- You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so;
- You are responsible for authorising any person who is given access to information or Data, and you agree that Attaché has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorisation and may refer any requests for information to You to address; and
- You will indemnify Attaché against any claims or loss relating to:
- Attaché’s refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data in accordance with these Terms,
- Attaché’s making available information or Data to any person with Your authorisation.
- The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an “as is” basis and at Your own risk.
- Attaché does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Attaché is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
- Attaché is not Your accountant and use of the Services does not constitute the receipt of accounting advice. If You have any accounting questions, please contact an accountant.
- It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
- You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable accounting, tax and other laws. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data via the Software and the Website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
- No warranties:Attaché gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Attaché does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
- Consumer guarantees:You warrant and represent that You are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for the purposes of a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
7. Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Attaché excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
- If You suffer loss or damage as a result of Attaché’s negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against Attaché arising from Attaché’s negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the Attaché Online Fees paid by You in the previous 12 months.
- If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause 8.
- Attaché Online termination:
You are able to stop using the Attaché Online Service at your own discretion. You can stop your Data being sent from the Desktop Software to Attaché Online by changing the settings in the Desktop Software.
- No-fault termination:
These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Attaché Online Fee paid or payable under clause 3.1. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Attaché Online Fee in accordance with the Fee Schedule.
- Breach any of these Terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
- Breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of clause 3.4 or any payment of Attaché Online Fees that are not paid in full in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule); or
- You or Your business become insolvent or Your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if You become insolvent, or make any arrangement with Your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction.
Attaché may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
- Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend for any definite or indefinite period of time, Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
- Take either of the actions in sub-clauses (4), (5) and (6) of this clause 8(3) in respect of any or all other persons whom You have authorised to have access to Your information or Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, if payment of any invoice for Attaché Online Fees due in relation to any of Your billing contacts, billing plans or any of Your organisations (as defined at clause 3) is not made in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule, Attaché may: suspend or terminate Your use of the Service, the authority for all or any of Your organisations to use the Service, or Your rights of access to all or any Data.
- Accrued rights:
Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will:
- Remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after termination; and
- Immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
- Expiry or termination:
Clauses 3.1, 3.6, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
9. Help Desk
- Technical problems:
In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting Attaché. You should consult the online help provided by Attaché on the Website, and contact your Attaché consultant if You cannot resolve the problem.
- Service availability:
Whilst Attaché intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place.If for any reason Attaché has to interrupt the Services for longer periods than Attaché would normally expect, Attaché will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
- Entire agreement:
If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
- No assignment:
You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without Attaché’s prior written consent.
- Governing law and jurisdiction:
If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in Australia at the time that You accept these terms then the laws of New South Wales, Australia govern this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in New Zealand at the time that You accept these terms then New Zealand law governs this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. In all other situations the laws of New South Wales, Australia govern this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
- Notices:Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Attaché must be sent to email@example.com or to any other email address notified by email to You by Attaché. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
- Rights of third parties:
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.